Tuesday, May 13, 2008

George Soros? A kind or evil person?

This is just a sample 1st blog by myself.

This person is the only person I both hate and admire.Why? He indirectly ignited the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis and cause my father to lose lots and lots of money in the stock market but he also make 1 of the greatest trade in history. In 1992 he shorted the British pounds and earn 10 billion pound for his quantum fund and 1 billion for himself. Since then he was dubbed "the man who broke the bank of England."

George Soros was born György Schwartz in a Hungary Jewish family. Studied in London School of Economics which I hope to get my bachelor of science in economics too.

What I don't understand about him is his weird thinking of philanthropy acts. Though he has given away 4 billion dollars though his open society by various means like supporting and funding democracy in Eastern Europe etc but in the first place why he want to exploited the foreign investment credit crisis in Thailand by shorting the Thai Baht and Indonesia Rupiah and cause the already poor people in Thailand to become poorer? Those are also people that can feel hunger, but he donated food to Africa nation rather then Thailand.
I do not know what he is think about, destroying 1 economy and save another.(eg. Destroy Thailand and promote democracy in Eastern Europe)

In almost every country where George Soros attack their currency, the political leaders will insult him as in the case of Malaysia, Dr Mahathir accused Soros of using the wealth under his control to punish ASEAN for welcoming Myanmar as a member and called him a moron.Thai people labelled him as an "an economic war criminal". But later Dr Mahathir was seen shaking hands and smiling to Soros. A political moves as seen by me(not really sure) to "overthrow" the current Malaysia Prime Minister Abdullah Badawi.

But I aspire to be like him, a successful hedge fund manager that understand economies so well.

Just this afternoon I met with my Stats tutor in the Library, he asked me to read about the Theory of Reflexivity by George Soros . This theory have already reinvent my thinking on the economies and my financial thinking.
A very well written article that shows why social science(Economics,Psychology etc) cannot be treated the same as natural science(biology,astrophysics etc) because in social science we are participants which are thinking which can change our thoughts and psychology and utimately causes disequilibrium in an "efficient market". For more.......
http://www.geocities.com/ecocorner/intelarea/gs1.html

No comments: