Sunday, May 18, 2008

My goal in life is to be a top hedge fund manager or be an accomplish physicist

There is one saying that link physics to finance but before that hedge fund is one of the main lubricant for a machine called "finance".

Derman (physicist turn banker): In physics, we are trying to find information that god has hidden from Mankind (Einstein's special relativity states time not a constant and is dependable on speed), in finance, we are trying to find information that is hidden in the mind of all mankind.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It remarkable to know that physicists study the smallest matter (quarks in proton) to the whole universes (some even hypotheses more than 1 universe called parallel universe).

It is almost the hardest major, there is one similarity in both physics and finance, both are extremely complicated stuff, the top hedge funds (finance) employs physicist, mathematician and computer scientist for their fund.
Physics is complicated because you are dealing with objects far too small or big to be seen and most theories in modern physics defies intuition.

In finance its the same thing, you are competing with mankind (whom most are greedy) and there are many smart ones from Ivy League, Oxbridge etc. The top hedge fund manager is formerly a Professor in the mathematics faculty of Harvard university. He states that in finance, the only way to beat the market for superior returns is to think like a physicist or maybe mathematician because they are less likely to accept a wining strategy that is just a statistical fluke. The equations used to create his fund strategy is almost like equations used in Manhattan Project.

Among this 2 interesting subject which I read everyday, I think physics is more interesting considering the fact that physicist study black holes, finding a worm hole to reverse time.
In finance according to a statistics, fund managers or equivalent have the most extreme emotions among all other jobs. (When yr portfolio rise by 50% in 1 day, you will by the happiest man, what if you had all yr money in yr own fund and when Black Monday(1987) happens again without any apparent reason, you may have lose 50 percent if you leverage (most top financial firms used leverage to enchance return but also risk). You will be the "@#$$%" person for that day.

1 comment:

Erlend Hildur said...

I am so happy today because God has done it for me after going through hard times with other loan lenders and nothing works out, I was about to lose my faith and hope but I still have to stand strong and pursue what I am looking for. I am happy today because God has directed me to the best Loan Company and I didn't regret anything after contacting them and my heart desire was granted and I was given the said amount I requested for (300,000.00 USD), the money was paid into my account after two weeks of talking with the company and they didn't stress me or give me any headache in getting this loan from them, others of my family members and friends I directed to them all got their loan too, I would love you to contact pedroloanss@gmail.com / whatsapp +1-8632310632 . and get your loan quickly and this is safe and fast, you that have loose hope, faith and everything you have all just in the name of getting a loan and nothing work out, bet me if you try this man called Pedro Jerome , you will never regret anything and your loan request will be approve and it will be paid directly into your bank account, so hurry now and contact quick response on WhatsApp +1-8632310632. ask for any type of Loan, and it will be granted to you. I wish you the best